Are you an independent author who wants to publish a professional-looking book and learn savvy marketing techniques to sell more books?
Are you a small publisher that would like to save hundreds of dollars annually?
OR are you a traditionally published author who needs help marketing your book?
CIPA is filled with rich resources that will enhance your publication experience. Check out the benefits below.
What Does CIPA Membership Include?
REFERENCE GUIDE LIBRARY
Set yourself up for success with our extensive library filled with checklists and training to gain the competitive edge in your business. Resources are all in one place.
Develop, grow, and maintain your publishing company’s personalized roadmap for success with numerous trainings on various industry topics.
TRADE SHOW REPRESENTATION
Schedule media interviews, get your books listed in bookstores, and find your next publisher at the Christian Product Expo or National Religious Broadcasters Conventions. Attend with CIPA for a discounted price or have CIPA represent you and your books.
Maximize your marketing efficiency and return on investment through CIPA’s advertising opportunities.
Jump ahead of the curve by staying up-to-date with industry news and learning effective marketing strategies to boost your bottom-line.
“The CIPA newsletter is worth the price of membership all by itself—we get gems from every issue. Thanks for what you are doing for the industry!”
The Following is a List of CIPA’s Educational Benefits:
- Branding Your Book
- Book Reviews: Tips for Getting More Reviews
- Create a Professional Looking Book
- Develop an Audience for Your Books
- Endorsements Help You Sell More Books
- Grow Your Audience with Content Marketing
- Increase Your Book’s Amazon Rank by Expanding Categories and Strengthening Keywords
- How to Book a Podcast Tour
- Increase Book Sales by Enhancing Public Relations with Media, Retailers, and Readers
- Tips for Getting More Book Reviews
- Blogging to Drive Traffic to Your Website
- Author Media Kit
- How to Get Your Book in Barnes & Noble
- Beta Readers
- Book Industry Standards and Communications (BISAC) Subject Codes
- Book Launch Marketing Checklist
- Book Launch Teams
- Bookstore Events
- Checklist for Creating a Professional Looking Book
- Editing Guide
- Library of Congress Guide
- List of Radio & Podcast Media
- Marketing Tactic Tracking Sheet
- Metadata Checklist
- Media Interviews
- Media Pitches
- Piracy & Digital Copyright Act
- Press Releases
- Online Giveaways
- Thema: Subject Category Codes for Global Book Sales
- List of Over 50 Book Contests
Bi-monthly Live workshops provide training on the latest marketing and publishing tactics. Videos of each training are available in the membership courses section.
“I just placed an order with IngramSpark and applied the CIPA discount code. The discount code more than paid for my CIPA membership.”
The Following is a List of CIPA’s Discounts on:
- Free Title Set Up and Revisions for IngramSpark
- International Standard Book Number (ISBN) Numbers and any Bowker products
- International Standard Name Identifier (ISNI) Numbers
- Christian Indie Awards
- BookBaby (Self-publishing platform that does it all for you: editing, cover design, formatting, publishing, and distribution)
- BookBrush Professional Plan (Image creation software to create marketing images)
- IndieReader’s In-Store/Edelweiss Digital Review Service (Lists your book in an online catalog)
- Bonus Content when ordering KDSPY (Browser extension that allows you to conduct book category and keyword research on Amazon)
- Magazine Advertising
- Book Design Templates and Covers
- Membership to Association of Publishers for Special Sales (APSS)
- Membership to Writers & Publishers Network (W&PN)
- Pricing for services offered through CIPA’s Partner members (Printers, book designers, publicists, advertising agencies, etc.)
- Booksweeps a book promotional site
- Plottr a book outlining software
- PostPlanner a social media scheduler
- Publisher Rocket (Software that provides book keywords and Amazon categories)
- Reedsy services (Platform to find professionals who do editing, book design, proofreading, and publicist support)
- Subscription to Publishers Weekly
- Public relations resource called PRToolkit
- Book covers by Hannah Linder Designs
- ProWritingAid $150 off lifetime subscription
- BookFunnel $50 off secure Advanced Review Copy services
- Scrivener Masterclass
- Book covers designed by 100 covers
- Children’s book formatting & creation with 1000 Storybooks
- Fresh Eyes Proofreaders
- Formatted Books
- Logo Creation by Katie Dale
- Printing by Fitting Words
- Audiobook creation Two Words Publishing
- Audiobook creation Goodwill Rights
- Amazon Ads managed by Warrior Book Marketing Group.
- Editing services by Edit911.
Marketing / Advertising Benefits
“The month I advertised in the consumer eblast was one of my best months for book sales”
The Following is a List of CIPA’s Marketing and Advertising Benefits:
- Member announcement in CIPA Newsletter
- List of over 100 Radio and Podcast Media actively seeking guests
The following items are performed for an additional fee:
- eBlasts to 20,000+ consumers
- eBlast to 1300+ Christian retailers
- eBlast to 400 Christian media outlets (newspapers, magazines, radio and TV shows)
- eBlast to 400 book reviewers
- Sell Your Book on CIPA’s Website
- Tradeshow Representation (Christian Product Expo and National Religious Broadcasting conventions)
- Listing your publishing company on the “Authors Seeking Publishers” Page
- Create one-page media sheets for you
“CIPA is the go-to place for indie authors like me who need to learn the ins-and-outs of marketing, branding, and platform building to move your book into the broader marketplace. This group is a goldmine of network connections and step-by-step teaching.”
The Following is a List of CIPA’s Networking Benefits:
- Monthly CIPA Mastermind Groups
- Networking opportunities with other Christian small publishers and independent authors
- Private Facebook group to interact with other members
- Interact with other indie authors and small publishers in bi-monthly, live take-action workshops
CIPA Membership Requirements
- Be a small publisher with revenues less than $500,000 per year, or an independently published author (or about to be), or traditionally published with a small press.
- Publish materials for the Christian marketplace
- Agree to abide by CIPA’s code of conduct
Code of Conduct
Acknowledge that God has commanded us to “love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind” and to “love your neighbor as yourself” (Matt. 22:37, 39). CIPA members pledge to:
- Be honest and fair in all our business practices with whomever we conduct business
- Honor and fulfill all business commitments and agreements
- Treat others as we would have them treat us
- Conduct business in a manner that brings honor to CIPA, its members, and the Christian title